Boutique Bespoke Tours by Experience (my) France
Véronique, your guide and host, chose surrounding areas rich with beauty, heritage, and distinct culture, areas she knows so well. Most of your explorations' focus will be within a two-hour drive of our home village. Its name is Baraqueville, and is located twenty kilometres south-west of Rodez, in Aveyron — not to confuse with Avignon though or even Lubéron which is in Provence.
On the right of this website, is a list of the places we planned for your visit. We might be adding more to your trip, depending on your own preferences. Make sure to check out "your typical day", to know what you're up to experiencing!
On special request, here is a list of added options you could add to your next experience.
(prices may vary and you might have to stay longer with us):
- Pottery classes for all ability levels with world famous master potter Suzy Atkins,
- Cooking classes with Michel Truchon, master chef of Michelin starred restaurant,
- Cheeses and yogourt preparation with local organic producers,
- Wine tasting and vineyards visits (above and beyond what's already included),
- Via ferrata,
- Kayaking down the Aveyron rivers,
- Sailing days on the Pareloup lake,
- Paragliding above Millau,
- Horseback riding,
- Manufacturing your own Laguiole knife,
- Tree climbing aka accrobranche,
- Walking with pilgrims along the way to Santiago de Compostella,
- Eating an aligot with saucisses in a buron on the Aubrac plateau,
- Learn how to build wood chairs,
- Rock sculpting,
and the list goes on and on.
Don't hesitate to contact us and ask as all of these listed experiences could be yours to live next.
One last example, we're in contact with an award-winning watercolour painter and are looking at offering the opportunity to paint Aveyron landscapes as part of your experience.
To make the most of your trip, let us know what you're the most interested in. We'll make every effort to customize your experience.
You'll be delighted by the local cuisine and food specialties, being fine but local restaurants, small cafés, or local producers fairs. You'll discover the incredible richness of this region: heritage, scenery, culture, local markets, artisans, museums.
Three meals a day are included in your tour price. Nine breakfasts, ten lunches, nine dinners, and wines chosen by your Aveyron-born guide and host Véronique. Breakfasts will always be at Baraqueville's house. Lunches and dinners might occur at select local restaurants, picked for their excellence. As well, transfers to/from Rodez airport are included. If you're flying over, we're recommending Ryanair, from London Stansted airport. There is a one and a half hour direct flight to Rodez.
Our schedule will be designed according to each group’s interests. Your travel will be in private air-conditioned vehicle.
More details about your next experience are provided through this website. Feel free to browse through and use its search engine!
Last thing, our tours are all-inclusive! If you'd like to get more details, please don't hesitate to get in touch with Véronique, your guide and host.