Your tours overview
Want to have some exciting news about our highly successful 2012 pilot tour? Get a look at our testimonials page.
- You'll be hosted by your guide, a true Aveyron native, you won’t be travelling in large buses and hopping from one hotel to another every night,
- You won't have to worry about learning French, your host/guide is fully bilingual, after living for almost 15 years in the Canadian Rockies,
- There are no other organizations offering a similar touring experience in Aveyron, France's hidden gem,
- Every tour is customized to each group's interests,
- You'll be with like-minded travellers, in tiny groups (4 to 8 at maximum),
- This is a small organization, flexibility is our strength.
- Aveyron is one of the most unusual place in France, where food, wine and heritage are all part of today's life!
Véronique, your guide and host, chose surrounding areas rich with beauty, heritage, and distinct culture, areas she knows so well. Most of your explorations' focus will be within a two-hour drive of our home village. Its name is Baraqueville, and is located twenty kilometres south-west of Rodez. On the right of this website, is a list of the places we planned for your visit. We might be adding more to your trip, depending on your own preferences. Make sure to check out "your typical day", to know what you're up to experiencing!
To make the most of your trip, let us know what you're the most interested in. We'll make every effort to customize your experience. Examples might be; we'd like to know more about history, or want to discover this region's food, or culture, we are wine lovers, or we'd like to attend cooking classes, or French language lessons, or come over for a painting, photography, or writing retreat...let us know, we'll make arrangements to accommodate your requests.
You'll be delighted by the local cuisine and food specialties, being fine restaurants, small cafés, or local producers fairs. You'll discover the incredible richness of this region: heritage, scenery, culture, local markets, artisans, museums.
Three meals a day are included in your tour price (nine breakfasts, ten lunches, nine dinners). Breakfasts will always be at Baraqueville's house. Lunches and dinners will occur at selected local restaurants, picked for their excellence. As well, transfers to/from Rodez airport are included. If you're flying over, we're recommending Ryanair, from London Stansted airport. There is a one and a half hour direct flight to Rodez.
Our schedule will be designed according to each group’s interests. Your travel will be in private air-conditioned vehicle, a van-style.
More details about your next experience are provided through this website. Feel free to browse through and use its search engine!
Last thing, our tours are all-inclusive! If you'd like to get more details, please don't hesitate to get in touch with Véronique, your next host and guide.