About your host/guide and Experience (my) France
Your fully bilingual guide and host Véronique is a local expert craving to share with you the hidden gems of her native region, Aveyron.
A little more about Véronique. She studied pharmaceutical sciences in France and worked over a decade after earning her Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences. However, she has always had a passion for people, languages, psychology and so many other interests in life, including her children. In 1998, the family as a whole moved across the Atlantic Ocean to settle in the beautiful Canadian Rockies of Alberta, Canada.
Listen to Véronique interviewed by Randy Sharman for the National Travel Radio Network for the Informed Traveler Show which is a weekly hour long radio program that airs on Newstalk 770 in Calgary.
If you're keen about reading French, we earned some press coverage in 2014. A few articles were published in different French newspapers such as Centre Presse, Midi Libre and, La Dépêche du Midi and genuinely talked about Experience (my) France.
Similarly Experience (my) France has been featured in L'Express (France), Harvard Magazine (U.S.A.), French Living Magazine (Australia), French Entrée, France Today, Bonjour Paris, and Le Petit Journal.
Following a very competitive process, we're proud to announce Experience (my) France has been awarded the right to bear the label AVEYRON VIVRE VRAI.
(A close translation of this label would be 'AVEYRON TRUE LIVING'.)
This label has been created to enforce the following Aveyron values:
- Trueness and its attributes such as authenticity, honesty, nature, and cleanliness,
- Dependability and its attributes such as integrity, soundness, relevance, and quality,
- Respect and its attibutes such as openness, peer support, attention, and value of the given word,
- Pugnacity and its attributes such as perseverance, fight for, courage, and strength,
- Passion and its attibutes such as alive, feelings, energy, and friendliness.
With no further ado, please watch a short movie and listen to Véronique's voice-over. She'll tell you how she feels about sharing with you the best of the region so dear to her, hence what you're about to discover, experience thus build up life-time memories!
To make the most of this exceptional opportunity, Véronique is your dedicated but personal host and guide, She is ready to share her extensive knowledge and expertise. Just let us know what you're the most interested in.
By knowing more about your interests and requests we'll be able to fully customize your private next experience.
Your wish list could well be;
► We'd like to know more about local history,
► We want to discover/enjoy Aveyron and France's food,
► We've been to France but don't know this region, and want to know more about it,
► We want to discover more than the usual, we love the off-the-beaten path,
► We want to experience a culture trip, from the inside,
► We are wine lovers,
► We'd like to know more about French cooking,
► We'd like to improve our French language skills,
► We'll let you guide us as it seems there's so much to experience,
► All of the above...
Experience (my) France partnered up with the best players out there. Don't be surprised if you find us on these websites as well:
- Musement. Here at Musement, we understand that there are as many different ways to travel as there are kinds of traveler. Sometimes, you want to follow the guidebook, experience the ‘must-dos’ and capture those essential photos. Sometimes, you want to get lost in a city and live it like the locals do. Every time, you want to get the most from your trip and move on, feeling you’ve missed nothing during your stay. We help you to travel your way by sharing our select but varied range of attractions. From the ‘can’t miss’ tickets to the hidden gems, from the famous to the secret, from the exclusive to the temporary, from the luxurious to the free, we’ve gathered enough exciting choices to satisfy even a city’s long-term residents. We’re enthusiastic travelers ourselves so we know the advantages of good information. It’s all about making the most of time, money and opportunity. That’s why we share only the best, most authentic and locally sourced attractions. That’s why we keep everything clear, simple, secure and good value. It’s also why we give you the Musement advantage as an award-winning app – putting the key to the city in your hand. We can’t tell you how to travel. We just help you live the city like a local, wherever you go.
- GuideAdvisor. At GuideAdvisor we believe that the relationship between guides and travelers is as important to the travel experience as the location and activity are. By building the most comprehensive listing of tour and adventure guides on the planet, we aim to connect guides and travelers so they can create the best experiences in the world together.
- yougodo. YouGoDo is fast becoming ‘The World’s Playground’, offering all our users a quick and simple answer to the following key questions: I’m off to [your destination], what can I do there? I want to [your chosen activity], where can I do it? I want to do [your chosen activity] in [your destination], who provides this service?
- Triip. According to Ventureburn (Start-up news for emerging markets), Triip is an initiative for the niche travelers who want to experience a more sentimental and original culture of the country. Triip motto is "EXPERIENCE THE TRULY LOCAL WORLD."
- Lonely Planet has now become the world’s most successful travel publisher,
printing over 120 million books in eleven different languages. Along with guidebooks and eBooks to almost every destination on the planet, Lonely Planet also produces a range of gift and reference titles, an award-winning website and magazine and a range of digital travel products and apps.
- TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travellers to
plan and book the perfect trip. TripAdvisor offers advice from millions of
travellers and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features with
seamless links to booking tools that check hundreds of websites to find
great hotel prices. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching 350 million unique monthly visitors**, and more than 290 million reviews and opinions covering more than 5.3 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions. The sites operate in 47 countries worldwide.
- Viator, a TripAdvisor® Company, is obsessed with finding the
best things to do everywhere we travel. From Paris to Phuket to Perth, from traditional tours to once-in-a-lifetime experiences, they have something for every kind of traveler. And they are the world leaders.
- Travel Massive Community is the self-declared world's largest community of travel industry insiders, leaders, and innovators.
Registered organizations, or individuals,
can join an existing chapter, connect with other members,
or start a new chapter in their city.
- What is Slow Travel?
With Slow Travel you experience a deeper type of travel by staying in one place longer and seeing the things that are close to you. It is an easier, simpler and slower way of traveling. There are two components to Slow Travel:
Spend one week in one place: Spend at least one week in one place on your trip to Europe. To do this, base your trip around one or more weekly stays in vacation rentals instead of hotels.
See what is near you: Use the "Concentric Circles" theory for day trips. Think of your touring area as a series of concentric circles around your base. See what is close to you instead of dashing about on long day trips to see the "must-sees".
- The CDÉA is recognized by the francophone community of Alberta as an upright and dynamic organization and the leader in economic development.
Vision: To increase the economic contribution and prosperity of Francophones.
Mission: Through our leadership, create an economic force by fostering Francophone businesses and employability, resulting in a better future.
- Holidays to Europe is an Australian-based website and blog where the passionate editor Carolyn shares her European travel experiences as well as hosts a directory of organizations helping planning a holiday in Europe.
Women travel the World was launched in 2000 in New Zealand. Its purpose is to promote women’s travel businesses to women travellers around the world. The extensive website covers women’s hotels in Europe to walking women’s tours in Africa, to luxury pampering spas.
Experience (my) France is a small (wife and husband) organization thus quite flexible. We'll make every effort to accommodate your specific requests. Don't hesitate to get in touch with us and ask.
About the top banner photo: Véronique, your tour guide/host in front of Najac castle in 2011.