(Entraygues, pronounce: an-try-eu)
Entraygues was founded in the mid-tenth century, its name suggests between the waters, which are namely the Lot and the Truyère Rivers.
The town preserved is medieval streets, houses of XV and XVII centuries, some half-timbered and cantilevered. The rear houses the current Tour de Ville (around the town centre), were built in the nineteenth century, based on the old and solid wall.
The castle was originally built by Henry II, between 1278 and 1290. Upon completion of the fortified castle in 1290, the city walls were erected with battlements, towers, and gateways, all surrounded by a ditch.
Entraygues was a strategic point at the crossroads of routes, at the crossroads of Auvergne and the Lot Valley.
The castle was plundered and devastated in 1587. Part-demolished in 1604, a "new" main building was rebuilt in the seventeenth century, however vestiges of the thirteenth century can still be seen.